Monwana Lodge is an intimate, luxury lodge which has all the modern facilities to ensure that our guests enjoy a pampered and comfortable stay, yet retains a relaxed and homely atmosphere. Monwana Lodge is situated on the Monwana River in the heart of the big five Thornybush Game Reserve, which is more than 100 square kilometres in extent and lies adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park.
All the suites at Monwana have been named after South African tribes and they are as follows;
This unit can accommodate 2 people and has two 3/4 beds. It has two en suite bathrooms - the one bathroom consists of a bath, basin and toilet, and the other one consists of a large shower and basin. The N'debele Unit has its own private deck which looks out onto the Monwana River.
Bushman Unit (Family Unit)
This unit can accommodate 4 people and both rooms have 3/4 beds. There is an inter-leading door between the two rooms, so if you want you can have two separate rooms. The en suite bathroom for one of the rooms has a bath, large shower and two basins - there is also a separate toilet. The other bathroom has a large shower and two basins - and also a separate toilet. There is a joint private deck looking onto Monwana's waterhole.
Shangaan Suite (Honeymoon Suite)
This unit accommodates 2 people and has a king size bed. The en suite bathroom has a bath, large shower and two basins - there is also a separate toilet and walk-in cupboard. This unit has its own private deck which looks out onto Monwana's waterhole and the Monwana River.
Zulu Suite (Family Unit)
This unit can accommodate 4 people, one room has a king size bed and the other room has two 3/4 beds. The section with the king size bed has an en suite bathroom with a bath, shower and two basins - there is also a separate toilet. The other room's en suite bathroom has a shower and two basins - and also a separate toilet. The section with the 3/4 beds has a fireplace and can be made into a lounge area. This unit has its own private deck which overlooks Monwana's waterhole.
All the facilities at Monwana Lodge are geared towards ensuring that our guests' stay is as comfortable and entertaining as possible. The following facilities at the Lodge are available to our guests:
A thatched gazebo area with comfortable chairs for your reading and leisure as well as a swimming pool which faces the waterhole . As you can imagine, this provides for exciting game viewing experiences! The Lodge also provides swimming pool towels.
A large wooden deck which extends out onto the Monwana River.
A curio shop is open for customers during certain times of the day. If you wish to visit the shop at another time, arrangements can be made to open the shop. Purchases at the curio shop can be settled by cash, credit card or charged to your personal account for settlement on departure.
An Entertainment area consisting of:
A lounge and dining room with a built-in fireplace as well as a bar which is well-stocked with local red and white wines, beer and soft drinks. A wide selection of spirits is also available. Beverages consumed from the bar during the day, evening and game drives, are charged as extras.
2015 RACK RATES
||No of rooms
||01 Jan 2015 – 31 Dec 2015Per person SHARING per night
||01 Jan 2015 – 31 Dec 2015Per person SINGLE per night
|Suites & Honeymoon Suite
Children 6 – 11 yrs
Children 2 – 5 yrs
Entire Camp p/night
R 3, 966.00
R 5, 440.00
R 1, 983.00
R 5, 949.00
R 8, 160.00
2016 --- coming soon
N.B.: The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
*Shumbalala Presidential Suite 100% single supplement.
THE ABOVE RATES INCLUDE:
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land rovers and bushveld walks
- Sundowner local drinks are included at Thornybush Game Lodge, Thornybush Waterside Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge and Simbambili Game Lodge
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost – no babysitting at n’Kaya Lodge
THE ABOVE RATES EXCLUDE:
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
TOMSA LEVY AND CONSERVATION FEES
- Conservation fee of R150.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges), R9.00 per person per night (4* Lodges) and R6.00 per person per night (nKelenga) – to be settled on reservations invoice – WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT
- Self-drive guests to Simbambili Game Lodge pay an entrance fee of R190.00 per vehicle and R50.00 per person, which is payable at the Gowrie Gate direct. Where road transfers are booked through The Thornybush Collection, these fees are included in the rate.
NB: All the above is subject to availability, increases and our general terms and conditions.